I suggest you ...

Easier selection of historical dates

In the desktop application, it’d be more convenient if the new Entry screen defaulted to the last date the user selected, rather than today’s date. That way, when entering a sequence of historical records, you would not have to scroll through the calendar repeatedly at the start of each entry. It could still default to today when the program is first opened.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Edward King shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminJustin Caldicott (Co-founder, Bird Journal) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI, it's possible to type into the date field which is much faster for this case. It's also possible to click on a month to scroll over years and months which is also faster.

I've declined a similar suggestion recently because it should only take a fraction of the time to do this compared with entering the observations themselves. But as this keeps coming up I'll leave it here so people can vote for it if it's still wanted, even with the above information.

(And thank you Edward for creating separate suggestions!)

Feedback and Knowledge Base