I suggest you ...

Create property "Exclude"

Create a special property "Exclude" that removes a record from all totals, badges etc. This would allow people to include thins like heard-only, NTVs, escapes etc., but not have them added to totals etc.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nigel Rampton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the Heard option when classed as Not to include still does not work correctly. I find it removes a 1,000 species yet I only applied Heard to roughly 100 entries historically.
        Therefore, I am unable to know my World List or any other list totals of birds 'Seen'.

• AdminJustin Caldicott (Co-founder, Bird Journal) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How we handle the change to default filtering behaviour will be interesting. I think we’d still want to see all species listed in the species screen by default. So it would probably just be some special logic to exclude them from species counts whereever they are shown.

But.. then how do you allow them to be included temporarily? Maybe you just need to change Settings to allow them if that's what you want, and there's no real temporary use-case.

• AdminJustin Caldicott (Co-founder, Bird Journal) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess we should allow properties to be added to a "To exclude" list in settings, rather than having a specific property for this. Then you can exclude "Heard Only", "Possible Escape", etc as desired. Probably with sensible defaults.

Feedback and Knowledge Base