I suggest you ...

The ability to import individual cheklists from eBird in desktop

The current ability to import data from eBird into Bird Journal relies on the download of one's complete eBird data set. When birding with others who use the eBird app they share their list (obtained by concensus) with the party. These individual lists cannot be imported without a lot of reformatting to the point that it is easier to input these lists by hand.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    snookcf62 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bob Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 72 such list from a single trip to Costa Rica. That's a lot of keying. Now that eBird allows export of individual lists, surely Bird Journal could provide import.

• Gillain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the suggestion to add a start date or date range. If that can't be done, duplicate recognition is a must

• David Badke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or add a start date (or date range) field to the import - then it could import from a complete dataset download, but only actually load entries for that date (or range), not the whole thing.

Or detect entries in a complete dataset download that have already been imported (using the eBird Submission ID field), and only import the new ones.

Feedback and Knowledge Base